WSQ MANAGEMENT OF PRE-HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE
$909.50 (incl GST)
To use Funding, please see information in the funding section below.
The WSQ Management of Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Course is a 24-hour programme designed to equip individuals in the pre-hospital industry with the skills and knowledge to manage a cardiac arrest patient, along with its accompanying medical conditions, in an out-of-hospital environment.
Learners will also be taught teamwork during resuscitation and the skills to operate the common equipment available to Emergency Medical Technicians in the management of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.
a) Equip learners with the knowledge of the human cardiopulmonary system and its common disorders.
b) Equip learners in the skills and knowledge to manage a cardiac arrest emergency in an out-of-hospital environment.
c) Equip learners in the skills and knowledge to manage medical emergencies associated with a cardiac arrest in an out-of-hospital environment.d) Equip learners with the skills to operate equipment commonly available to pre-hospital care workers.
e) Prepare learners to perform team resuscitation in a pre-hospital environment.
- Individuals interested in working in the pre-hospital industry.
- Mature workers in the pre-hospital industry seeking to upgrade themselves.
Our WSQ Management of Pre-Hospital Emergency Care utilises a mix of presentations, learning activities, group discussions, drills and scenario-based exercises. Our unique training methodology emphasises real world application of the knowledge and skills learnt, while building confidence and leadership skills in our learners.
Our facilitator to learner ratio is highly favourable for effective learning to take place, ensuring maximum hands-on practice time for every learner.
- Practical exercises – min. 1 facilitator : 5 learners
- All other activities – min. 1 facilitator : 20 learners
- Practical Performance
- Scenario- based skills demonstration
- Emphasis on application
- Oral Questioning
- 20 Questions
- 3 GCE ‘N’ Level Passes or Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 4
- Have been certified in the following competencies#
- Basic Cardiac Life Support + Automated External Defibrillator Course, accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council.
- Standard First Aid, accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council OR
- Occupational First Aid Course, accredited by the Ministry of Manpower of Singapore
- Reasonably physically fit to lift, move and transfer patients##
# Learners who do not meet the entry requirements (2) due to lack of certification will be offered the following courses to help them fulfil the entry requirements.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support + Automated External Defibrillator, accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council.
- Standard First Aid, accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council.
## Learners who do not meet the entry requirements (3) will be notified via one of the following methods.
- Email – this will be likely used for learners who are sponsored by their employers. The email will be addressed to the sponsor and the learners, if they possess their own email addresses.
- Phone call – this will likely be used for self-sponsored learners. Training centre admin will explain to the learner the reason/s for their unsuccessful application.
Should you have any special needs, please do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance.
- 22 training hours
- 2 assessment hours
Classes start at 9am. Please contact us for the next available class.
Participants must meet a minimum of 80% training attendance to qualify for the assessments.
- Describe Basic Structure and Functions of the Cardiopulmonary System
- Identify Common Cardiac Emergencies
- Perform Cardiac Arrest Management for EMTs
- Perform Basic Airway Management on an Unconscious Patient
- Provide Ventilations using a Bag-Valve Mask
- Perform Team Resuscitation including use of an Automated External Defibrillator
Upon successful completion of the course and its assessments, participants will be issued with a Workplace Skills Qualification Statement of Attainment (SOA).
- Certificate validity – 2 years.
- Certificate accreditation – Workplace Skills Qualification.
This SOA will lead to a full WSQ Emergency Medical Technician certification, upon attainment of other relevant SOAs in the Skillsfuture SG Skills Framework for Healthcare.
This course will be conducted at Lentor Training Centre, the training arm of Lentor Ambulance Pte Ltd.
33, Ubi Avenue 3
Vertex Tower B, #03-11
Directions to our training centre will be emailed to you after registration.
$850 (before GST)
$909.50 (after GST)
Training subsidies and absentee payroll are available for this course. Please contact us for assistance.