EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN COURSE
Our Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Course is a 23.5-day program that is designed to equip individuals with the skills and knowledge necessary to function as an Emergency Medical Technician in Singapore’s pre-hospital industry.
The syllabus meets the EMT Level 2 Competency Standards set by the Ministry of Health’s Unit for Pre-Hospital Emergency Care (UPEC). It incorporates 2 WSQ modules from the Healthcare Support Skills Framework into a National Pre-Hospital Training Committee (NPTC) approved syllabus.
Learners will be taught knowledge and skills that have been contextualised to the work environment of an ambulance service provider. Ambulance attachment opportunities will be provided to each learner to enhance the learning done in the classroom.
- Equip learners with knowledge of the human anatomy and physiology.
- Equip learners with the skills and knowledge necessary to manage medical and trauma emergencies using the Patient Assessment Model.
- Equip learners with knowledge of normal and abnormal vital signs.
- Equip learners with knowledge of documentation and reporting in accordance with industry and organisational standards and practices.
- Equip learners with knowledge and skills necessary to perform patient handling and transfer in a pre-hospital work environment.
- Equip learners with knowledge and skills necessary to perform effective history taking.
- Individuals interested in working in the pre-hospital industry.
- Experienced workers in the pre-hospital industry seeking to upgrade themselves with a MOH-recognised certification.
Our Emergency Medical Technician Course utilises a mix of presentations, learning activities, group discussions, drills and scenario-based exercises. Our unique training methodology emphasises real world application of the knowledge and skills learnt, while building confidence and leadership skills in our learners.
Our facilitator to learner ratio is highly favourable for effective learning to take place, ensuring maximum hands-on practice time for every learner.
- Practical exercises – min. 1 facilitator : 4 learners
- All other activities – min. 1 facilitator : 20 learners
- Practical Performance
- Skills demonstration
- Emphasis on application
- Oral Questioning
- 3 GCE ‘N’ Level Passes OR Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 4#
- Have been certified in the following competencies##
- Basic Cardiac Life Support + Automated External Defibrillator Course, accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council.
- Standard First Aid, accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council OR
- Occupational First Aid Course, accredited by the Ministry of Manpower of Singapore
- Reasonably physically fit to lift, move and transfer patients##
#Learners who do not possess 3 GCE ‘N’ level OR WPLN Level 4 can still be considered for enrolment if they possess a minimum of 1.5 years of relevant work experience.
## Learners who do not meet the entry requirements (2) due to lack of certification will be offered the following courses to help them fulfil the entry requirements.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support + Automated External Defibrillator, accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council.
- Standard First Aid, accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council.
## Learners who do not meet the entry requirements (3) will be notified via one of the following methods.
- Email – this will be likely used for learners who are sponsored by their employers. The email will be addressed to the sponsor and the learners, if they possess their own email addresses.
- Phone call – this will likely be used for self-sponsored learners. Training centre admin will explain to the learner the reason/s for their unsuccessful application.
Should you have any special needs, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 6250 2300 for further assistance.
- 116 training hours
- 20 assessment hours
- 40 OJT hours – ambulance attachment
Participants must meet a minimum of 80% training attendance to qualify for the assessments.
Classes start at 9am. Please email us at email@example.com for the next available class.
We offer 2 different course schedules.
- Classes are held from Monday to Friday.
- Total of 4 weeks to complete classroom-based training and assessment.
- OJT starts at the end of Week 4 – ambulance attachment will be on weekdays.
- Upcoming classes:
- 3rd May to 4th June 2021
- 6th September to 30th September 2021
- Classes are held on every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Total of 7 weeks to complete classroom-based training and assessment.
- OJT starts on Week 5 – ambulance attachment will be on Mondays and Fridays.
- Upcoming classes:
- 6th July to 19th August 2021
- 9th November to 23rd December 2021
- Infection Control
- Spinal Management
- Airway Management
- Oxygen Therapy and Use of the Bag-Valve Mask
- Team Resuscitation
- Arrest External Haemorrhage
- Preparation for Intravenous Cannulation
- Application of Primary Survey
- Vital Signs
- Administration of Medications
- Management of Bone and Joint Injuries
- Evacuation and Transport of Patients
- Management of Mass Casualty and Special Populations
- Management of Casualty using the Patient Assessment Model
Upon successful completion of the course and its assessments, participants will be issued with the following certifications.
- Statement of Attainment (SOA) – WSQ Management of Pre-hospital Emergency Care
- Statement of Attainment (SOA) – Pre-hospital Patient Care Delivery
- Certificate of Competency – National Pre-hospital Training Committee (NPTC) endorsed EMT Course
All certifications are valid for 2 years from the date of issue.
$5500 (before GST)
$5885 (after GST)
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about funding support.
This course will be conducted at Lentor Training Centre, the training arm of Lentor Ambulance Pte Ltd.
3 Ang Mo Kio Street 62,
Directions to our training centre will be emailed to you after registration.