Occupational First Aid
$299.60 (incl GST)
To use Funding, please see information in the funding section below.
Please note that Lentor Ambulance will only be issuing Electronic Soft Copy Certificates from 1st Mar 2020. If you require a hardcopy certificate, an additional administrative fee of $15 (inclusive of GST) will apply.
The Occupational First Aid Course is a 23.5-hour (3 days) mandatory certification programme for first aiders operating in a workplace environment. Participants will be trained to manage medical and trauma emergencies at the workplace using a systematic approach to build confidence and ensure maximum effectiveness when faced with an emergency.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be awarded a course certificate which fulfils the first aid certification requirements under the Workplace Safety and Health Act.
- Provide learners with safety information and standards of first aid according to Singapore’s Workplace Safety and Health Act.
- Prepare learners with the necessary skills in identifying and managing an emergency at the workplace.
- Equip learners with the skills to render first aid for workplace-related injuries and medical emergencies.
- Equip learners with the skills in providing effective resuscitation (CPR) and the application of AED machine during emergencies.
- Safety and supervisory personnel in workplaces
- Individuals assigned a WSH-related role in their organisation
CPD Points – 23
Our Occupational First Aid Course utilises a mix of presentations, discussions, group activities and practical exercises.
Our trainer to trainee ratio is highly favourable for effective learning to take place, ensuring maximum hands-on practice time for every participant.
- Practical exercises – min. 1 trainer : 6 participants
- All other activities – min. 1 trainer : 12 participants
- Practical performance
- Scenario- based
- Emphasis on application
- Written test
- Multiple Choice Questions
- ES WPLN Level 5 and above
Important: Participants of this course are strongly advised to have at least ES WPLN Level 5 and above or its equivalent. Otherwise, participants may find the course contents challenging to understand, resulting in difficulty to pass the required assessments.
- Participants with underlying medical conditions or any medical problems associated with knee, spine, wrists or joint injuries or any physical / mental disabilities are strongly advised to obtain written clearance from a doctor to attend and participate in the course and assessments. Pregnant women are highly discouraged from participating in some activities such as, but not limited to, CPR due to safety reasons.
Should you have any other special needs, please do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance.
23.5 hours including 2 hours of assessment
Classes start at 9 AM. Please refer to the available dates.
- Principles and practice of first aid
- First aid requirements in factories and other workplaces
- Wounds, bleeding and shock
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Handling and transportation of the injured
- CPR and use of AED
- Breathing difficulties
- The unconscious patient
- Occupational eye injuries
- Burn injuries
- Industrial toxicology
- Safety and accident prevention
- Management of medical emergencies
Upon successful completion of the course and its assessments, participants will be issued with a certificate endorsed by Lentor Ambulance Pte Ltd.
- Certificate validity – 2 years.
- Lentor Ambulance Pte Ltd is ISO 29990:2010 certified, as required by the Ministry of Manpower for all its Learning Service Providers (LSP).
This course will be conducted at Lentor Training Centre, the training arm of Lentor Ambulance Pte Ltd.
33, Ubi Avenue 3 Vertex Tower B, #03-11 Singapore 408868
Directions to our training centre will be emailed to you after registration.
Learners can expect to be practicing their skills on the following training equipment.
CPR & AED
- Ambu QCPR Recording Mannequins
- Prestan CPR Mannequins
- XFT-120C+ AED Trainer Sets
Each learner will be issued a set of bandages for use during the course.
1 set: 1 x Triangular Bandage, 1 x Crepe Bandage, 1 packet Gauze Pads
Each learner will receive a soft copy of our Learner’s Guide. We recommend downloading it to your mobile device for easy reference during the course.
An easy reference handout will also be provided to learners in class.
Private (Corporate) classes are available at dates of your convenience.
- Minimum class size – 10 pax
- Subject to availability of trainers and resources
- Training venues other than Lentor Training Centre are subject to inspection and approval from course Certifying Body
Use of SkillsFuture credits is available for this course. For individuals who wish to use SkillsFuture Credits to fund the course, please follow the instructions here to make booking online. You can use SkillsFuture credits to pay up to 70% of the course fees.
SkillsFuture training grant and absentee payroll
Use of SkillsFuture training grant and absentee payroll is also available. Information can be found below. To utilise training grant and absentee payroll, please contact us.
View full information about training grants and absentee payroll on our course page on the skills connect website and search for this course via course reference number: TGS-2020501993