WSQ PRE-HOSPITAL PATIENT CARE DELIVERY
$481.50 (incl GST)
$450 (excl GST)
Please email us for the next available class.
The WSQ Pre-Hospital Patient Care Delivery Course is a 20.5-hour programme designed to equip individuals in the pre-hospital industry with the skills and knowledge to care for patients in the pre-hospital care setting.
Learners will undergo a patient-centric syllabus that addresses the need for cultural awareness and person-centred care, basic mental health awareness and communication skills in the prehospital environment.
- Equip learners to perform the roles and responsibilities of an EMT according to organisational policies, standards and practice in nursing care delivery.
- Equip learners with effective communication skills, cultural awareness and person-centred care when caring for patients.
- Equip learners to identify common types of mental illnesses and signs of early mental health issues.
- Prepare learners to assist patients with Activities of Daily Living, including use of equipment and performing nursing interventions.
- Equip learners to measure vital signs, height and weight of patients.
- Equip learners with knowledge of functional assessment tools.
- Prepare learners to comply with infection control procedures and use Personal Protective Equipment during patient care delivery.
- Equip learners with knowledge of reporting procedures.
- Equip learners to assist patients during admission and discharge procedures.
- Individuals interested in working in the pre-hospital industry.
- Mature workers in the pre-hospital industry seeking to upgrade themselves.
Our WSQ Pre-Hospital Patient Care Delivery utilises a mix of presentations, learning activities, group discussions, drills and scenario-based exercises. Our unique training methodology emphasises real world application of the knowledge and skills learnt, while building confidence and leadership skills in our learners.
Our facilitator to learner ratio is highly favourable for effective learning to take place, ensuring maximum hands-on practice time for every learner.
- Practical exercises – min. 1 facilitator : 5 learners
- All other activities – min. 1 facilitator : 20 learners
- Practical Performance
- Scenario- based skills demonstration
- Emphasis on application
- Oral Questioning
- 20 Questions
- 3 GCE ‘N’ Level Passes or Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level
- Have been certified in the following competencies#
- Basic Cardiac Life Support + Automated External Defibrillator Course, accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council.
- Standard First Aid, accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council OR
- Occupational First Aid Course, accredited by the Ministry of Manpower of Singapore
- Reasonably physically fit to lift, move and transfer patients##
# Learners who do not meet the entry requirements (2) due to lack of certification will be offered the following courses to help them fulfil the entry requirements.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support + Automated External Defibrillator, accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council.
- Standard First Aid, accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council.
## Learners who do not meet the entry requirements (3) will be notified via one of the following methods.
- Email – this will be likely used for learners who are sponsored by their employers. The email will be addressed to the sponsor and the learners, if they possess their own email addresses.
- Phone call – this will likely be used for self-sponsored learners. Training centre admin will explain to the learner the reason/s for their unsuccessful application.
Should you have any special needs, please do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance
- 19 training hours
- 5 assessment hours
Classes start at 9am. Please contact us for the next available class.
Participants must meet a minimum of 80% training attendance to qualify for the assessments.
- Cognitive, Affective and Psychomotor Skills
- Communication Skills
- Cultural Awareness and Person-Centred Care
- Basic Mental Health
- Organisational Policies, Standards and Practice in Nursing Care Delivery
- Basic Structure and Function of the Heart, Sensory Organs and Excretory Organs
- Activities of Daily Living
- Nursing Interventions to assist patients in the Activities of Daily Living
- Infection Prevention and Practices
- Basic Functional Assessment Tools
- Measurement of Height, Weight and Vital Signs
- Organisational Procedures and Guidelines in Documentation
- Admission and Discharge Procedures
Upon successful completion of the course and its assessments, participants will be issued with a Workplace Skills Qualification Statement of Attainment (SOA).
- Certificate validity – 2 years.
- Certificate accreditation – Workplace Skills Qualification.
This SOA will lead to a full WSQ Emergency Medical Technician certification, upon attainment of other relevant SOAs in the Skillsfuture SG Skills Framework for Healthcare.
This course will be conducted at Lentor Training Centre, the training arm of Lentor Ambulance Pte Ltd.
33, Ubi Avenue 3
Vertex Tower B, #03-11
Directions to our training centre will be emailed to you after registration.
$450 (before GST)
$481.50 (after GST)
Training subsidies and absentee payroll are available for this course. Please contact us for assistance.